Learning is much more
interactive nowadays. And it has to be. Actually, it has always been one of the
most effective learning process that's ever existed. Studies and students have
raised awareness upon technology as one of the most effective tools to learn in
today's world. When they feel like they’ve produced something out of the
content shared and learned, every now and then, it’s as if they have something
extra to add up to the discussion and indeed they have. Learning goes on during
the process (either much or little) but still, it is more felt than it ever
was. I have a feeling and I'm sure many might agree with me, that being able to attend class in person, will
never get fully old. Even though there is also interaction on the online world,
face-to-face has its value, as well. Considering facial expression, voice intonation, body language and so on we can all agree that technology only enhances this already live interaction/communication and it should be taken into account with its benefits.
It's interesting
to consider that "student centered learning" has been brought up to
people's attention and it's in fact being discussed among teachers and society
for long now, and yet not that long if we consider the chronological aspect and
time in world history. In other times, teachers weren't likely to adjust to
the students pace. But the other way around. That's crucial to the updates and improvement continuum of educational system and education itself.
New Apps,
tablets, cellphones and continuous computer technology improvement are being used more and more, as well as shared by teachers and students, to help one
another. And we should keep doing that! The thought that you should never share
something you know is not so common anymore. The mentality has changed and
therefore people are closer than ever. Sharing and growing together!
-
I agree with you. Learning has never been so interactive and collaborative as it is nowadays. We all know everyone can have access to anything through the Internet; however, due to the amount of materials available on the web, establishing a PNL is key to finding just the right resources.
ReplyDeletePNL and a positive mindset for that matter, right Lílian? Have you got any material or ideas, about mindset, to share? I've come to think that they're connected somehow. Aren't they?
ReplyDeleteHey Mariana. I misspelled the word. I meant to say PLE and not PNL. PLE stands for Personal Learning Environment and I believe it is a very important tool that helps us take control of and manage our own learning.
ReplyDeleteI don't know much about PNL, though...
Sorry for the confusion! :)
Hi Mariana! I agree with you when you say that attending a class in person will never get old, but surely we cannot leave technology behind nowadays, they are essential. We must know how to combine them.
ReplyDelete