Wednesday, October 5, 2016

How do we turn our 21st classrooms into learning engines?

  Through sharing (among us teachers and among our students) like it's been suggested and it's been the main goal of Digital Skills and Tools for Educators course.
  Lílian Marchesoni, in one of her comments to my first post said that PNL is key to finding the right resources and through them, facilitating also the variety of teaching processes. PNL made me connect the idea with positive/grownth mindset, which I think is sort of a consequence from the first mentioned, or they're somewhat connected.

Out of curiosity: http://mindsetonline.com/whatisit/about/index.html


5 comments:

  1. Great website, Mariana. Thanks for sharing!
    I just happened to discuss growth and fixed mindset in the study group we have at our school here in Salvador. For sure, trying to have growth mindset and fostering it in our students is a crucial step towards personal and professional development.
    In our study group we worked with the fable: The Tortoise and the Hare. Check out this link:
    http://brightestbulb.net/entertainment/tortoise_and_hare/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely brilliant Paula! I'll definitely use this one!
      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. I truly believe sharing is caring! I've found wonderful resources by following like-minded professionals - and yes! our group works mainly on interaction. It is indeed great to learn from our peers, right?

    The video about generation Z is really nice! Thanks for sharing! :)

    * Food for thought:
    - did you know you can embed youtube videos on your blogger blog?
    - the video was made using PowToon - a wonderful video creating website - have you ever tested it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear your thoughts on social bookmarking - do you think it could be used in the classroom? How?
    How can social bookmarking help you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lilian, I'm still trying to find out how to embed the vídeo! We'll see.
    As to social bookmarking in classroom, I think that if we use google tools or internet content linked to our class, this can be effective so as to share or get the content right away instead of having to search for it in within such a short period we have with them during class over the week.

    ReplyDelete